Friday, August 2, 2019

It’s August 2nd and it’s a beautiful day!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eenxpo8TD_ABtgLbzrEEZTrmpilA9aYk

Wowza!  This is a picture perfect summer day in Iowa. Low humidity makes it so. A gentle   breeze helps. The pretty blue sky with             floating clouds adds much to the beauty. It’s.  just delightful all the way around. 

I find inspiration comes in many forms. A       scent, a flower, a bird. Songs inspire.              Laughter inspires.  A memory inspires. 

But, kindness and generosity, a thoughtful    word or gesture inspire me most. Inspire me  to be better. To do better. To want better...for those I love most, my community and the     world at large.

Facebook post today was truly an inspiration. It made me happy. It made me think about what I’d do in a similar situation. Would I have done something or nothing at all?  I’d like to think I’d have done something. I’ve gotten to be a blessing to others in different ways. As I am blessed in so many ways, I want to be a blessing to others,too. 

Did you know, or have you heard it said, that if you don’t accept another’s help, you’re keeping them from using their gift to be a blessing?

Taking help from others can be difficult. I’ve struggled with it. But, knowing how good it makes me feel when I’m able to bless someone else, and after hearing it described in this way, I’m much more accepting of help. 

Life is full of blessings. Sometimes, events and happenings cloud our perspective. I try really hard to concentrate on the blessings in life. Big ones, but mostly a series of small ones that make up this thing called life. 

I’m inspired to find, create, look for ways I can be a blessing to others. I encourage you to join me in this. 

Please feel free to use these hashtags if you hear and share a story. 

#alittlegoodnewstoday

#iammypeopleskeeper

#whatcanonepersondo

#iminspiredtobeaninspiration

#burlapandrosesmyinspiredlife


No comments: