Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Inspiration is just around the corner...BBJT Fall 2019

This is NOT my property.
Sourced from a post off of
Instagram.  Original source unknown
FOLLOW B&R ON INSTAGRAM
BURLAP & ROSES
It's my absolute FAVORITE time of the year...FALL!  Is it yours, too?

Have you heard the term:  FIKA?  I stumbled across it on Instagram and thought it was special.  My great Grandma's family came to the States from Sweden, so that made it extra special.  The meaning is ME.

I'm busy getting ready for my ANNUAL Red Flannel Affair at Burlap & Roses.  It's such a beautiful time to be out in the country and gals come decked out in their red flannel, leggings and boots.  It's very fun to see all the various outfits...and the boots!  So many cool boots!

As in the past, I've invited a few vendor friends to join me on the lawn.  Also, we're just one stop on the ANNUAL Backroads & By-Ways Junkin' Tour.  This tour runs from St. Mary's to Osceola, Iowa and points in between.  B&R is in the 'in between'.  We've added two new stops to the tour, as well.  A freshly OPENED antique shop near Lacona and a fabric artists studio in New Virginia.  GRAB A MAP HERE

Over the past month, I've had a sale going on, to reduce my old inventory, to make room for some new things.  It was a success, so I'm moving in two new large pieces, lots of smaller pieces and some fresh from the wholesaler's NEW merchandise.  It's felt a bit like it used to be when I offered a lot more NEW vs. mostly vintage and upcycled selections.  It's been FUN!!!

I love every single thing in this photo.  The barn canvas...it's designed to look like a paint by numbers painting.  There are four different designs and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all.

Grace & Gratitude.  These are really nice signs, a great size and a wonderful reminder to live our lives in Grace & Gratitude.

And, Let's Stay Home...it's an embroidered piece...another fantastic size to tuck into a shelf vignette or add to a wall grouping.  And, let's be honest...staying home is most often the BEST thing to do, especially as the days get shorter and temps get cooler.  Cozy at home is nice.

Oh, and the buffalo check Merry Christmas pillow...YEP💝

Look at this sweet velvet pillow...HARVEST.  The colors are warm and lovely.  Scream fall to me. A stand alone pillow or the highlight in a grouping.  A perfect addition to freshen your fall decor for the season.  I'm really smitten with the 'gather' sign.  Another fresh update to the hand-lettered painted signs.  Metal and wood are featured on this sign.  A more polished look if that's what you're after.
Tell me...are you a traditional decorator?  Your preference is the quintessential colors of fall:  orange, russet, golds and greens OR, are you more inclined to decorate in the more current trend of creams, whites, grays, and even the ever popular "blush".  
Honestly, I like it all...so, I've been using a lot of the creamy whites with bits and pieces of traditional, and some aqua thrown in for good measure.  Here are some photos of my own decorating at Crooked Hedge Farm.
      
I live with a GRATEFUL ♡  I always have...second nature to me, I guess.  I'm a cup half full kind of gal.  It's in my DNA. So, this pumpkin is displayed proud and center...a reminder to all. The wheatsheaf is quintessential fall to me.  It's not prevalent in Iowa, as a crop, but I really love the golden color, the texture of the seed head, don't you?


In the BBR, I pulled out the traditional black and cream ticking that I got last year.  I love the clean lines, fresh and tidy appeal.  Here, new this year, I added the very pretty pillow showcasing pumpkins in every shape and color.  It fit perfectly centered on my bed against the backdrop of stacked pillows.

For texture and a bit more modern feel, I added the geometrically appealing throw.  It's so soft and warm. The perfect topper, when reading a book at night.


Thankful, Blessed and Fall Obsessed...fun and pretty all at once.  The throw I've had for a couple years and it never gets old.  It fits in my home decor year round.  And, the lighter layer is a just right weight to keep the chill off.  I added to this vignette, a really pretty plate with a stag on the front.  It represents the wildlife we see daily on Crooked Hedge Farm...and, there's a couple of these big guys roaming our property.  The wheatsheaf ( I purchased two of varying sizes) sits proudly in this grouping, too, and adds an element of height, where it's needed.



I appreciate your stopping in and getting a bit of INSPIRATION for your home.  I'd enjoy hearing from you, so if you would kindly leave a comment here, sharing some of your decorating or even ask me a question, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to share my blog with your family and friends.  

HAPPY FALL...Y'ALL.



p.s. If you'd like, you can leave, in the COMMENTS on this blog post, your vote: 1 or 2, from the photo on the right. 
Which is your style?

FOLLOW B&R ON Instagram

No comments: