Monday, December 8, 2014

There's just something about weekends.

Another weekend full of life...home stuff, family stuff, Christmas shopping and more. It's been a terrific one at that.

This past Saturday was opening day of shotgun deer season.  It's also my son's birthday.  He was born on opening day, just before daybreak.  His daddy was an avid deer hunter.  It was Tanner and I right from the get-go, so to speak, as he was no sooner born and his daddy took off.  How apropos that he grew to be an avid hunter himself.

So, our weekend started off with family.  Our 3 year old grandson spent the
Lincoln mimicking Grandpa Steve...so cute!
night, anticipating our granddaughter's visit early Saturday.  Makenna is 5-1/2 and we're starting to notice that the age difference is playing into their time together. But, there is no denying it...their love for each other is amazing. I was almost giddy with excitement myself.  Funny how the grandkids can evoke such a feeling in you.  


We've noticed that Lincoln mimics our actions allot here lately.  He found a book and some play glasses and saddled right up to Grandpa to do some evening reading.  Love it!
 
It was one of those lazy days.  I had plenty to do, but my time was going to be devoted to the kids.  It was a p.j. relaxing kind of day.  I started chili and vegetable soup in the crockpot.  Coffee was on and at the ready.  

Makenna liked her baby doll's skirt
We had lunch and then it was time for a nap for most everyone in the house.  Everyone except my granddaughter and me.  Lincoln had fallen asleep in my lap, so I laid him down.  Tanner, in for a warm up, had fallen asleep in the easy chair and Abbie, our daughter in law asleep on the couch.  It was the perfect time to make those doll clothes Makenna had asked me to make for her.  A skirt for her kitty and baby doll.

Then, she asked if she could learn to sew so we tried that.  She's a lefty and I'm a righty.  More time and patience is needed with less commotion.  We'll try the lesson again another time.  I love her age right now.  She's so interested in everything and learning is exciting. 

In my studio, I'm designing mixed media canvases...I believe this to be true!


Sunday morning took us to church and then a day of Christmas shopping.  It was lovely!  Funny, when the kids were little, I did all the shopping.  Now that they are out of the house, the hubs comes along.  It's so nice...wish we would have done more shopping together back then...but, then, maybe not.  Now it's kind of relaxing and a bit romantic.  Lunch here, a coffee break there...and, maybe a stop for dinner on the way home.  

There's just something about weekends.


 



No comments: