Monday, December 22, 2014

I've really missed...

I've been pretty darn lucky to get to do so much of what I enjoy these past few years.  I'm working towards a more simple and less stressful way of living.  The first step was leaving my career in real estate four years ago.  I enjoyed it a lot, but noticed the last two or three years that I was in it, that my interests and ambitions were towards a creative lifestyle.  It was the best decision I made.

It's not been easy and financially, has put a strain on our budget.  But, it's been good.  Really, really good.  I'm okay with living with less.  I'm overjoyed with living a more authentic life. A life that allows me to have more time for family, when needed.  I find I'm writing more.  Sending more notes the old fashion way.  I'm working on enjoying my friends over coffee.  I'm loving my home and decorating again. I'm remember what I've loved all my life and now, I'm getting reacquainted with those things. It's just been good.

One of the things that has happened is I've realized how much I miss what I used to love to do.  Sewing is one of those things.  I used to sew quite a bit. My mom let me take sewing classes and I was always in Home Ec. in school.  My mother-in-law gave me her sewing machine early in my marriage.

I would wake up with the hubs, get him off to work and then sit down at the sewing machine and sew for hours, my baby-to-be's newborn gowns, made from flame retardant flannel.  Sweet little gowns, with ties up the middle. Nothing fancy, but I loved doing it.  I've allowed time for myself to remember.

A couple weeks ago, my granddaughter was over and asked me to make her dolly a skirt.  I actually sat down, while she was there watching and whipped out a hand stitched skirt for her dolly.  Then, she wanted one for her stuffed kitty.  I happily obliged.  It was so nice. She was thrilled and so was I! 

I'm inspired to remember and reacquaint myself with more of what I've really missed and I encourage you to do that too!

No comments: