Sunday, August 24, 2014

Homemade Margaretta pizza on the grill.

Wow, with all the great fresh produce coming out of the garden and available at area farmer's markets, this light and delicious pizza is so easy to make...

I've been wanting to make a pizza on the grill, so one evening, I just tried it out.  Couldn't be too difficult, I thought to myself, and I was correct.  It was E-Z.

I purchased ready made thin crusts and then added veggies from our garden.  I really, really like pizza Margaretta and had all the makings for one.  I spread thin layer of pizza sauce all over the crust, out to the edge.  Then, I used pear tomatoes and red grape tomatoes, by cutting them into small pieces.  "Pearl" mozzarella was added and fresh basil.  For the basil, I place the leaves one on top of each other, roll them up, then chiffonade them.  Then I spread them out all over, too. 

I had the grill going for about 15 minutes, so it was hot and ready to go.  Just put the pizza on the rack, close the lid and let it cook.  The top will not get bubbly, but the cheese will melt down and spread a bit.  Turn the crust periodically so the bottom does not burn.  Adjust the fire accordingly.  Approx. 30 minutes cooking time.

No comments: