Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sharing...the love...the kisses...the $$$

Makenna, our granddaughter, spent the night one evening recently and, as always, she found the change that I leave out on the counter for the grands to find for their piggy banks at Grammie and Grampie's.  

She squealed with delight and asked if she could put it in her piggy bank.  I said sure and was not concerned about Lincoln, our grandson, not getting any.  He's gotten to put money in when Makenna was not at our house.


She went to the piggy banks and started putting the money in.  I was just busying around the kitchen, but overheard her say, "I'm going to put some in Lincoln's too".  How sweet and thoughtful.  I didn't say anything and let her do what she felt was right for her.  

We are blessed with some pretty awesome grandchildren.  Not a sentiment exclusive to us.  It's the moments in life like these that are what life is all about.  The photo above was taken when both got to go camping with us earlier this summer.  I come from a family of lots of aunts, uncles and cousins...1st, 2nd, 3rd...just doesn't matter.  I've always treasured this part of my life and look forward to my grandchildren being close and having each other through life's twists and turns, ups and downs, happy and sad times.  Such joy to my heart!

No comments: