Friday, April 29, 2011

Doing what I love...makes all the difference

I've spent the last couple weeks up at my shop, Burlap & Roses...trying to restyle every last inch of it and freshen it up a bit.  It's a daunting task...ask my mom.  She came and got the kitchen area all spruced up.  It's ready to go!  Thanks, Mom!


In between rain drops, I moved everything out of the garden shed, power washed what I could, spritzing and spraying everything else.  It's a garden shed...you'll have to forgive me if it's not completely pristine.  I've neglected this area for the last couple of years.  It'll be so much more put together this season.  I can't wait for my "guests" to visit.


Prior to this year, 2011, I had another full-time career in real estate.  It was fun and fulfilling for me until about the last 4 years.  I've been in real estate for 15 years.  I decided to get out of the business right around December 1, 2010 and have not looked back.  The difficulty is always in making the final decision.  For 4 years, it weighed on me.  Once that was done, I was free to move on with my life and get down to the business of living my bliss.  


When I had responsibilities to the buyers and sellers, I had the pleasure to work with, it seemed like I was always running from here to there, always watching the clock, the cell phone, email and such; stressed to the gills and worrying that someone wouldn't think I was paying enough attention to them and their needs.  I "knew" I was, but it was always a concern that I had.  


As I work at the shop or at home on various projects for Burlap & Roses, I still find myself "heading to check on" one thing or another.  Then, as if a continual weight is lifted from my shoulders, I remember that I don't have to do that anymore.  I relax and remember that I'm doing all that I have to do now.  Following my BLISS, I continue on!  


I get inspired by many, many things.  People, places and things.  Mostly, I get inspired by the beautiful pictures of compelling vignettes, artistry and creativity of others in home decor magazines and now through the many "friends" I have made on Facebook.  Inspiration is found in some of the most amazing places, and sometimes, in just the simplest thing~


Doing what I love has made all the difference in my life.  I invite you to share with me in my journey.

No comments: